I, Me and Myself

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

moi

The Black Donnellys. My first assignment at work. A story about four Irish brothers who come to NewYork and try to be the good mobsters but end up in one mess after the other. A very well made series. It just sucked that I took eight bloody hours to spot just 43 minutes in the coldest room of the office on the hottest summer day in the city. Welcome to another typical First Day At Work!

After a back breaking eight hour long session on one chair and inabilty to reply to messages due to low currency I step out into the dark only to have fat droplets sting me. Brilliant. More mockery at my state.

A few steps ahead and I realize I have worn my favourite slippers ensuring every drop of muck is sprayed right back on my clothes. Furthermore, there are no autos to my resuce. Why would there be any!?One demanded Rs 80 while another demanded Rs. 60.

I walk all the way to Bangalore Central Mall in the hope of some respite from the rain. Common sense would ask me to wait in shelter till the rain wards off and then proceed looking for transportation home, but then why would I heed to common sense?

I stood in the rain, my nice stole bearing all the brunt. My new straightned and set hair getting all sticky and my new "all-open" bag, collecting the water! argghhhh! And to top it all, I don't have the money to pay these overbearing rick gods who are hustlers disgusied as saviours from the rain!Thirty minutes later the situation is no better after being refused by over 20 auto guys! The frusturation has reached its zennith! I take a deep breath and look around.

It's raining. Not the downpour, but a constatnt drizzle. It looks very pretty, illuminating all the street lights in its soft spray on the crowd rushing home. Suddenly I can't remember why I want to go home this early anyway. It's strange how I can change my mood to suit my needs. I smile and pull out my mp3 player. 'Smells like Teen Spirit' sounds a whole load different against cold puddles on your path. I sing along en route.... God alone knows where.

I stopped by Nilgiris on Brigade road. It always shuts at eight, suddenly the rules had changed to accomodate an additional hour. I smiled more and walked in and went to my favourite candy section. My grin broadened as I found packs and packs of packaged cotton candy in a super market for the first time in my life! Unable to contain my glee and luck, I picked one and ran out.

So there I was, nine pm on a Friday night. Strolling down an almost desterted Brigade road, hair, bag, clothes- all taking in the rain , munching away on cotton candy and listening to music while people fighting for shelter gave me positivley quizzical looks. And it did not help that my shirt said "Sarcasm is one of the services I offer!"

Happy Third Birthday "beingmoi".
for letting moi, be moi! :)
21 May 2007

Posted by vidi :: 12:34 PM :: 11 wisecracks:

Post / what they thought...

-------------------------------------