I, Me and Myself

Wednesday, May 09, 2007



My eyes are dying to close,
As I die trying to keep them open.
Sleep tries to overtake me, I try to fight.
The heart is crumbling- each piece falling apart painfully;
I resist, trying to keep them glued with a sane mind.
Memories haunt, images flash, a cringe for the past;
I try and speed through them, avoiding its steady glare.
I ask a thousand questions, knowing each answer;
One a bitter truth after the other.
Yet I don't stop.
The wind ruffles the chime, each note lonesome of the other.
The routine repeats.
My eyes close, sleep has vanished.
A silent tear makes its ways through the dark;
Flows through the corner of an eye,slanting, into my mouth.
The salty taste is all the respite I can expect.
A defeated smile, I give up.
The heart can no longer hold.
The crumbling wakes me up from inside.

Posted by vidi :: 8:14 AM :: 10 wisecracks:

Post / what they thought...

-------------------------------------