I, Me and Myself

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

drama queen

day 1
get to office with a terrible cold. the ac is working here so my nose is practically dysfunctional. unable to speak, i am envisioned as a shy and quite person.
get food poisoned by the lemonade they provide. suffer from shooting pain in the stomach for more than four hours.
day 2
had to take a call( a telephonic interview) of some IT major dude. and get the stuff written in first person perspective!! then i was given six news stories to edit and re write and two other small articles to complete!!!
the cold and the ac are still on so now the speech defect thingy is hinting at arrogance.( ayyo)
as i stayed muddled up in this, my system decided to crash not once or twice but a total of seven times!!!!!!! arahgghhhh.
the lemonade is tested for safety and proves of little difficulty.
in great rush, i finish a transcription and submit my hard work only to receive a toothy grin from my boss saying he gave me the wrong tape!
he gives a bundle of books with orders to work from home :(
day 3
get to office real late cos i was up till one finishing home work!!!!( home work.. get it?? ha ha )
get my official first warning from a RECEPTIONIST!!!!! hmmphm.
my cold is still very strong so my new image for the day is mentally dumb and slow!!
as i wait for the lemonade guy to arrive, i get some otherwork done super quick.. now im getting used to the editing and transcription real fast... and so think i can leave early.
so i get ready to push off of to my friends sis wedding, boss asks me to cover an assignment about academia and the IT industry!!
head to the royal orchid wearing a dress fit to be worn only at home with a sling bag that has seen most of my years in college.
as i sit and endure the one hour panel discussion, my mouth not being used to this much silence, my mind wanders as i imagine myself in my happy place.
as the discussion concludes, i go around, the pr intoduces me to other people there.
" moi. editorial. the smart techie. silicon india"
ahhhhh... everything fell right back to place then.
day 4
the cold has moderated to a more husky and nicer sounding voice
and as i sit at my desk, enjoying the view outside, i prepare myself for the long and not so easy road ahead...my lemonade has arrived, ciao.

Posted by vidi :: 11:13 PM :: 6 wisecracks:

Post / what they thought...

-------------------------------------