I, Me and Myself

Saturday, April 01, 2006

yesterday...

yesterday wen you saw me for the first time,
you held me... promising never to let go.
yesterday wen you saw me take my first step,
you helped me... promising to always help.
yesterday you taught me right from wrong,
your lessons of truth ... promising me eternal hope.
yesterday you held my hand to help me cross the street
you were my support and staff... my pillar.
yesterday wen i told u how how the lion at the zoo
ate my hand, but i managed to decieve that beast;
you nodded along, giving appropriate exclamations.
yesterday you shouted at me for eating too many chocolates,
in front of mum....
while you secretly brought some to cheer me up
yesterday you saw me fall for the first time
you wiped my tears and asked me to be a big girl
yesterday you used to let me hang on your bisceps,
on only one hand.. and then show off.....
yesterday you used to scare me
with little devil stories(and faces) till i cried :)
yesterday wen you found out i could write
u made dreams of a booker prize
yesterday you fought for me
whenever you thought i was right
yesterday wen a boy came home,
...i saw the look of loss on your face.
yesterday you hid your disspointment
wen you saw me fail for the first time
and when i won....
you did everything to make sure
the whole world knew about it
yesterday you were proud of me,
yesterday you screamed at me
yesterday you told me to act my age.

today as i sit in front of you and
see you fight with me for an ice cream cone
(that you want all to yourself, with sprinkles added!)
and i ask you to act your age;
... i wonder
.... what ever happened to that yesterday?
love you daddy. :)

Posted by vidi :: 7:42 AM :: 4 wisecracks:

Post / what they thought...

-------------------------------------